Smile, my dear, smile.
It's all you've got
It's all your own
And not one
Not any of them
Can take it away.
"Don't let anyone get you down!"
Say those without a frown
But don't think they don't understand
Because they do
Oh yes, they do
They feel too
But never let them get them down.
So smile, my dear, smile.
It's all you've got against them
It's all you need against them
It's what they can't fight
No dear, not one of them
Keep smiling
And let the heart of the world soften
At the sight of the indomitable spirit.
:D
I got this down in less than five minutes, pretty rare these days. Even more surprising, given the near-constant fatigue I feel these days. Must be the Red Bull I drank this morning. ^^
I thought of this more as a song than a poem, though. A cheerful one. Inspired simply by the line "Smile, my dear, smile." It just popped into my head, really, and wasn't taken from elsewhere.
It's all you've got
It's all your own
And not one
Not any of them
Can take it away.
"Don't let anyone get you down!"
Say those without a frown
But don't think they don't understand
Because they do
Oh yes, they do
They feel too
But never let them get them down.
So smile, my dear, smile.
It's all you've got against them
It's all you need against them
It's what they can't fight
No dear, not one of them
Keep smiling
And let the heart of the world soften
At the sight of the indomitable spirit.
:D
I got this down in less than five minutes, pretty rare these days. Even more surprising, given the near-constant fatigue I feel these days. Must be the Red Bull I drank this morning. ^^
I thought of this more as a song than a poem, though. A cheerful one. Inspired simply by the line "Smile, my dear, smile." It just popped into my head, really, and wasn't taken from elsewhere.
From:
no subject
RED BULL GIVES YOU WINGS!
heeheehee.
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
and;
Red bull is awwsomeee!
I gulped down one can this morning, but the effect sort of died after 4/5 hours. ._." ah, i wonder where all the diet red bulls went to. :/
From:
no subject
And yes, they don't kid when they claim Red Bull gives you wings. Heck, it gives me a nuclear jetpack.
From:
no subject
Nah, Red Bull isn't THAT magical. It's the caffeine and the mild concentration of sugar, nothing much. But ah, if you're talking about Boost chocolate bars...